Fire Risk Assessments
Our fire safety team have a vast technical knowledge, supported by practical experience of fire safety risk assessment, management and action plan development. This means we can provide advice, support, and consultancy where required.
All Pennington Choices fire risk assessors are NEBOSH qualified and have a wealth of experience delivering fire risk assessments throughout the UK, from housing associations, NHS hospitals, schools and colleges to community centres and offices.
As a responsible person, you must carry out and regularly review a fire risk assessment of the premises. This will identify what you need to do to prevent fire and keep people safe. You must also keep a written record of your fire risk assessment if your business employs five or more people. You may have already had a fire risk assessment done by another business, in which we can audit their work to ensure that they are up to scratch.
Our fire risk assessments comprehensively cover the following points to meet statutory obligations:
- Means of escape
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Firefighting equipment
- Removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- The needs of vulnerable people (elderly, young children or those with disabilities, etc.)
- Other fire safety features (passive and active)
- Evacuation strategies
- Detailed action plan
- Asset register (on request)
- Provide quality checked fire risk assessment reports in PDF which will include a detailed action plan of works required and pictures
- Where required we can work with your compliance systems to submit the risk assessments directly into your databases
- Provide Keystone generated information to integrate into your database
Pennington Choices are accredited to BAFE SP205 (Life Safety Risk Assessments) and are an IFE Affiliate Organisation and a member of the Fire Protection Association. Our service covers all properties that require fire risk assessments under the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005.
Ranked No.1 on Fusion21
Pennington Choices are proud to be ranked No.1 for fire risk assessment on the Fusion21 Compliance and Facilities Management Framework. This is following a thorough assessment in terms of quality, value for money, cost and social value. Therefore social housing clients can save time, money and resources through appointing us directly through this framework.
If you are interested in our Fire Risk Assessment services or Fire Risk Assessment Auditing services, Complete our quick and simple form and a surveyor will contact you with a free quotation with no obligation to proceed.
Alternatively, please call 0800 883 0334 to discuss your requirements.
Head of Survey Services
Head of Survey Services
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB)
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- DipDEA – Domestic Energy Assessor
- MIFSM – Member of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers
- DipGDA – Domestic Green Deal Assessor
- Construction Skills Certification (CSCS)
- NEBOSH – Fire Safety Management
Matthew is Pennington Choices’ Head of Survey Services. He is responsible for the delivery of large scale projects, including fire risk assessments to well-known local authorities and significant housing associations throughout the UK. Matthew works closely with our chartered building surveyors, fire risk assessors and asset managers to deliver a number of property services.
Matthew oversees the progress of all projects and is responsible for monitoring quality in line with our ISO 9001 accreditation. Matthew agrees KPIs with our clients and ensures they are adhered to consistently.
The following blogs may also be of interest to you.