Fire Door Audit – Fire Risk Assessment
What are Fire Doors?
Fire doors built into the fabric of a building form an important part of the passive fire protection, they are tasked with keeping any fire in the compartment in which it starts. The period of fire resistance can range from 30-120 minutes, depending on the requirement of the building. Fire doors are typically fitted with appropriate fire rated components, the most common elements include intumescent strips, cold smoke seals, a self-closing device, fire rated hinges and fire rated glazing.
Why are Fire Doors needed?
Fire Doors are a big part of a building’s passive fire protection system and strategy, providing key protection to areas of escape and safety. If you are the responsible person for a building or premises, it is essential that your Fire Doors are regularly checked for any damage and faults and are compliant with current regulations.
What does a Fire Door Audit look for?
Pennington Choices provide in-depth Fire Door Audits, in which our expert Fire Safety Consultants look into:
- The certification of fire doors is up to current standards.
- The current state of all fixtures and fittings – are they working correctly?
- The frame of the door – assessing for damage and gaps.
- Checks on intumescent strips and cold smoke seals.
To make an enquiry, you can contact us on 0800 883 0344 or email@example.com. You can find more information about our Fire Risk Assessments here.
Head of Survey Services
Head of Survey Services
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB)
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- DipDEA – Domestic Energy Assessor
- MIFSM – Member of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers
- DipGDA – Domestic Green Deal Assessor
- Construction Skills Certification (CSCS)
- NEBOSH – Fire Safety Management
Matthew is Pennington Choices’ Head of Survey Services. He is responsible for the delivery of large scale projects, including fire risk assessments to well-known local authorities and significant housing associations throughout the UK. Matthew works closely with our chartered building surveyors, fire risk assessors and asset managers to deliver a number of property services.
Matthew oversees the progress of all projects and is responsible for monitoring quality in line with our ISO 9001 accreditation. Matthew agrees KPIs with our clients and ensures they are adhered to consistently.
The following blogs may also be of interest to you.