Trainee Asbestos Surveyor / Analyst
Location: Bromley, Kent
Purpose of role
As a Trainee Asbestos Surveyor/ analyst you will undertake a structured programme of site based learning and instruction from our qualified surveyors. As part of your qualification programme you will be expected to achieve the BOHS P402 qualification (for surveying) and the P403 and P404 qualifications (for air monitoring) within the first six months of employment.
After completion of your training period and becoming fully authorised you will provide an excellent and highly effective asbestos survey and analysis services within the asbestos division ensuring the delivery of accurate and timely survey reports in accordance with client’s contractual requirements.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities
The core role would be either client site or office based, and once trained and authorised, you will be undertaking management and refurbishment & demolition surveys, and air monitoring for clients. You will be based principally within the South of England, although there will be an expectation to cover other regions as required. The mix of our survey work is quite diverse.
Duties and responsibilities of the role will include but will not be limited to the following:
- To proactively engage in the training and development provided by the company
- Once trained and authorised, to undertake management and refurbishment & demolition surveys, take bulk samples and provide clearly presented and well written site notes on the tablet. To provide advice to clients ancillary to the survey. Facilitate and oversee removal works where required.
- To provide asbestos analytical services to clients, including air monitoring, fibre counting and (where so qualified) bulk sample analysis.
- To be up to date with asbestos legislation, guidance and industry best practice including UKAS accreditation and quality management arrangements.
- To be up to date with relevant legislation including Health and Safety.
- To support the business by working flexibly and responsively from the company’s office or from clients sites as required.
- To take personal responsibility for maintaining technical expertise and an awareness of current issues in the sector.
- To comply with the company’s quality management arrangements including participating in the quality assurance arrangements and audit programme.
- To act within the expectations of conduct and attitude of employees in their role as ambassadors of the company.
- To be proactive to ensure that work is delivered on time by all areas of the business.
- To meet all legal obligations required to be met by the company as a provider of asbestos related services and an employer
- To take personal responsibility to meet own billing and productivity targets
- To ensure that the culture of the company is one that is honest and open and values everyone’s opinions and contributions.
- To contribute to a culture that is positive about the company.
- To contribute to a culture that enables PCL to be a learning organisation open to challenge and change.
- To carry out other such duties as may be reasonably required.
Once trained we would provide you with a fully equipped mobile laboratory (van) for your use while on site undertaking either surveys or air monitoring.
Pennington Choices pride ourselves on the development of our staff and once you are established there would be opportunities to get involved with more strategic asbestos related advice and/or other areas of our overall service offering. We have a strong track record of training our colleagues and there would be the potential for you to study further and acquire other asbestos related qualifications.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of People Resourcing
Head of People Resourcing
Chris Spencer is our Head of People Resourcing. With over 35 years of experience in recruitment, Chris is responsible for recruiting mid to senior level property experts externally for our clients and internally for Pennington Choices.
Chris manages an external recruitment practise that delivers targeted searches to resource and deliver ‘hard to fill’ permanent, interim and contract placements with clients in social housing. Chris also maintains an experienced talent pool of high calibre interim managers and directors for deployment in fixed term interim and consultancy positions.
- Sourced and recruited the ‘Group Managing Director’ for Liberty Group, a subsidiary of Forviva Group.
- Sourced and recruited the ‘Director of Technical Services’ for IDS Housing Association.
- Sourced and recruited three ‘Asset Management Specialists’ for Magenta Living.
- Sourced and recruited group ‘Head of Compliance’ for New Charter Housing Group.
- Sourced and recruited an ‘Operations Director’ for a niche engineering business that had been unable to source the right person for over a year.
- Placing the ‘Operations Director’ and ‘MD designate’ in a company who then became a client based on the quality of their recruitment experience.
- Director level experience managing a multi £m business.
- Devised the search strategy and delivered the recruitment of +20 senior engineers for a global manufacturing organisation, with three exercises over consecutive years worth in excess of £300k.