Senior Surveyor (Energy Services)
Location: North West England
Purpose of role
The ultimate purpose of this role:
- The business is going through a period of substantial growth. In 2013/14 we developed a new business plan that will see the business grow from £4m to £7m within 5 years, achieving a profit of £1m before tax. In order to help us achieve our growth aspirations we identified a need to recruit a Senior Surveyor to lead our Energy Services division. The role sits within our Survey Services team, with the principle focus of expanding our service offering and client base across the division.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
The job-holder is accountable for leading all Energy Services projects throughout the UK. The role will work principally with our Operations Manager (Survey Services) and Head of Property
Services, but also with the Board of Directors to:
- Deliver secured EPC contracts across a variety of building types and sectors e.g. Residential, Commercial etc.
- Grow our EPC business across all sectors
- Develop and expand our Energy Services consultancy offer
- Ensure the health and safety of colleagues, customers and general public
- Initiate and lead the delivery of internal projects
- Personally deliver secured consultancy assignments
- Accountable for making a significant contribution to the operational and commercial performance of the Energy Services division.
- Generate fees through the personal delivery of Energy Services projects and other Energy related consultancy work.
- Directly manage project managers, field based energy assessors and sub-contracted associates deployed on our Energy services contracts.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager (Survey Services) and other leaders across the business to ensure we have an integrated approach to service delivery and quality, which delivers our key business objectives and targets.
- The job holder may be asked to act as Deputy to the Operations Manager (Survey Services) in their absence as and when required.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com
Head of People Resourcing
Head of People Resourcing
Chris Spencer is our Head of People Resourcing. With over 35 years of experience in recruitment, Chris is responsible for recruiting mid to senior level property experts externally for our clients and internally for Pennington Choices.
Chris manages an external recruitment practise that delivers targeted searches to resource and deliver ‘hard to fill’ permanent, interim and contract placements with clients in social housing. Chris also maintains an experienced talent pool of high calibre interim managers and directors for deployment in fixed term interim and consultancy positions.
- Sourced and recruited the ‘Group Managing Director’ for Liberty Group, a subsidiary of Forviva Group.
- Sourced and recruited the ‘Director of Technical Services’ for IDS Housing Association.
- Sourced and recruited three ‘Asset Management Specialists’ for Magenta Living.
- Sourced and recruited group ‘Head of Compliance’ for New Charter Housing Group.
- Sourced and recruited an ‘Operations Director’ for a niche engineering business that had been unable to source the right person for over a year.
- Placing the ‘Operations Director’ and ‘MD designate’ in a company who then became a client based on the quality of their recruitment experience.
- Director level experience managing a multi £m business.
- Devised the search strategy and delivered the recruitment of +20 senior engineers for a global manufacturing organisation, with three exercises over consecutive years worth in excess of £300k.