Location: Head Office, Cheshire
Purpose of the role
The ultimate purpose of the role is to plan, schedule and deploy all field-base operations.
As part of the multi-skilled planning, scheduling and dispatch (PS&D) team, the job holder will follow the appropriate processes to ensure that field-base operatives are attending and completing as many work orders as is practical – both in respect of compliance (client/contract response times being met) and also quality (sufficient time is allowed for works order completion).
Field-based operatives work nationwide and for a variety of clients and include directly employed operatives and subcontracted associates.
Schedulers within the PS&D team will book as many appointments as is possible to support the delivery of asbestos surveys, gas and electrical audits, energy performance assessments and stock condition surveys.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities
The job-holder is accountable for implementing the PS&D processes in order to effectively deploy field-base operations in the most efficient way. The schedulers will be required to ensure we book sufficient appointments on a contract by contract basis to fulfil the contract requirements and thus drive our operational and commercial performance.
The job-holder will work flexibly within the team, deploying resource for all business operations, as well as handling inbound and outbound telephony demand.
The job-holder will work collaboratively with the PS&D Manager, other schedulers, field-base operatives and service leaders (leaders within Pennington Choices) building rapport and trust.
In addition, the job-holder will manage tenant enquiries in a friendly and helpful manner as well as responding to client enquiries promptly and professionally.
Confidence with telephony and operating multiple works management systems is vital.
- Scheduling responsive and planned appointments for field-based operatives across the business – being conversant utilising multiple works management systems
- Handling and resolving telephone and email enquiries from clients, tenants and colleagues
- Proactive outbound telephone calls – persuading and influencing tenants to arrange appointments
- Liaising with, and directing, field-based operatives
- Sharing ideas and insight in order to continually improve the PS&D function including increasing appointments made, appointments kept and properties accessed
- Understanding of each contract’s response times and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Identifying and escalating early warnings for risk to response times/SLAs, productivity outputs and process
- Understanding the difference between planned and responsive works and the differing approach to each in order to manage demand and minimise cost.
Specific team targets will include:
- Tangible productivity improvement
- Percentage of work orders fulfilled (in terms of appointments made, access and completion)
- Customer satisfaction with deployment/attendance
- Adherence to response times for emergency/urgent and planned/routine works orders
- Ensuring that all work orders are undertaken in a time and cost efficient manner – both planned and responsive works orders are managed effectively.
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com
[gravityform id=12 title=false description=false ajax=true tabindex=49]
Head of Operational Delivery
Head of Operational Delivery
- NVQ Business
Kerry Kelly is our Head of Operational Delivery. She oversees our customer services team and is responsible for arranging appointments, contacting residents and dealing with customer queries and complaints swiftly and sympathetically. She has extensive experience in customer services within the housing sector.
Kerry leads our customer services team and promotes good communication between residents and our surveyors. She promotes proactive working measures to increase access and maintain regular contact with her team to ensure they are familiar with our client’s requirements. Kerry works with our training manager to keep her team up to date with specific measures for working with residents, including: customer care, equality and diversity, cultural and religious sensitivity and working with at-risk and vulnerable residents.