Vacancy: Trainee Report Writer Quality Assurance Administrator
Location: Bromley, Kent
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time hours considered
Pennington Choices Ltd is a multi-disciplinary organisation providing a wide range of property-related professional services nationally to the public and private sectors. One of Pennington Choices core services focuses on Asbestos Surveying and Analysis. This role is within the Asbestos division of the business, and you will be gatekeeper to ensure the quality and accuracy of outgoing reports to be issued to our clients.
We pride ourselves on being a close knit organisation, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. This includes the experience people have whilst at work. Employee engagement is really important to us, and we are the Bromley Business Awards Employer of the Year 2018 and have been ranked recognised as a 2 star organisation by the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies listing 2019 as the 9th top organisation to work for in the North West (based on the head office location).
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
This is a full time role based out of our offices in Bromley, Kent. You will be accountable for providing an excellent and highly effective report writing quality assurance service for the asbestos division which ensures the delivery of accurate and timely survey reports in accordance with client’s contractual requirements.
Quality Assurance – you will ensure a highly effective report writing quality assurance service for the asbestos division. You will:
- Prioritise surveys for report issue based on urgency
- Conduct quality assurance checks on all survey reports prior to issue
- Liaise with our surveyors in order to rectify any errors identified in the survey report (including floor plans)
- Issue completed reports
- Carry out any other additional miscellaneous project administration works as required.
You will join our existing quality assurance team in Bromley as a trainee QA report writer administrator and will undertake a structured programme of learning and instruction from our qualified team.
During your training period you will be supported in working towards attaining your BOHS accredited P400 / P402 certificate (Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in buildings). Once qualified you will continue your development in the role with ongoing internal audits and feedback on your work as well as opening up opportunities within other sectors of the company. Following your qualification and completion of your training period your salary will increase in line with our established salary bandings.
P402 (training will be provided following appointment where necessary).
Competencies and skills
Has the functional/technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment (these can be learned).
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Pennington Choices are an equal opportunities employer.
Salary: For 2019/2020 (bandings are reviewed yearly in April)
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of People Resourcing
Head of People Resourcing
Chris Spencer is our Head of People Resourcing. With over 35 years of experience in recruitment, Chris is responsible for recruiting mid to senior level property experts externally for our clients and internally for Pennington Choices.
Chris manages an external recruitment practise that delivers targeted searches to resource and deliver ‘hard to fill’ permanent, interim and contract placements with clients in social housing. Chris also maintains an experienced talent pool of high calibre interim managers and directors for deployment in fixed term interim and consultancy positions.
- Sourced and recruited the ‘Group Managing Director’ for Liberty Group, a subsidiary of Forviva Group.
- Sourced and recruited the ‘Director of Technical Services’ for IDS Housing Association.
- Sourced and recruited three ‘Asset Management Specialists’ for Magenta Living.
- Sourced and recruited group ‘Head of Compliance’ for New Charter Housing Group.
- Sourced and recruited an ‘Operations Director’ for a niche engineering business that had been unable to source the right person for over a year.
- Placing the ‘Operations Director’ and ‘MD designate’ in a company who then became a client based on the quality of their recruitment experience.
- Director level experience managing a multi £m business.
- Devised the search strategy and delivered the recruitment of +20 senior engineers for a global manufacturing organisation, with three exercises over consecutive years worth in excess of £300k.