Vacancy: Consultant/Senior Consultant/Head of Consultancy
Location: Head Office, Cheshire
At Pennington Choices we always take great care to find the right person(s) for the right role. As a result, we have decided to relax the parameters of our consultancy recruitment process; instead of specifying certain levels of experience, or seniority, we are more interested in finding people with the right characteristics to excel. If you meet the role requirements below and think you can bring another facet to our increasingly diverse team then we will find a place for you.
Whilst the job description provided below will be applicable for each of the 3 roles; the level of responsibility and salary provision will differ based on seniority and previous experience. We will use the recruitment process to decide which of the roles we believe you are most suited to.
Purpose of the role(s)
The purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver and support consultancy projects; and
- Assist Directors in the delivery of projects.
- Where appropriate, work collaboratively with associates to deliver projects.
- Help generate follow on work and new leads both for the Consultancy division and across the wider business.
The role will combine consultancy across a range of areas including compliance, repairs, asset management and procurement, and may also include broader management i.e. organisational structure and performance management. This will be primarily to the social housing sector but may also include the private sector i.e. private housing/property providers/contractors.
The case studies on our website, available here, will provide a further insight into the nature of the work we undertake.
Please note direct experience of all the consulting areas is not a prerequisite. Some experience would however be advantageous.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
The job holder is accountable for delivering effective consultancy projects. This includes client meetings, stakeholder communication, data analysis, research and report writing.
The job holder must have excellent communication and organisational skills and be adaptable to different environments and stakeholders.
A critical part of this role is building stakeholder trust and confidence, therefore the ability to build rapport is critical.
The ability to write clear and coherent reports is also a prerequisite, therefore good word processing / IT skills are required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking Compliance Health Checks which help our clients determine their potential and actual risks in respect of the big five areas of gas, fire, electrical, asbestos and water hygiene. Utilising your understanding of legislation, regulations and codes of practice to construct roadmaps to compliance (please note you will be supported by a team of technical experts and training can also be provided).
- Delivering repairs Value for Money (VfM) reviews which allow clients to understand the current position of their service offering and identifies how they can improve.
- Undertaking strategic reviews of repairs delivery models in respect of an organisation’s strategic objectives and priorities to help clients fully understand what it is they want to achieve and what the most appropriate delivery model is.
- Remodelling or creating asset management plans for clients who do not have sufficient understanding of the condition, use, and efficiency of their housing stock. Helping them to streamline their strategic approach and achieve maximum value.
The consultant will be required to deliver “billable hours” (to be mutually agreed). Please note this is not a sales target – this is part of resource planning and overhead management – and will be agreed with the consultant.
- Undertaking research associated with clients, projects, sector development etc. including disseminating pertinent information where appropriate.
- Interrogating data as part of consultancy projects (can also utilise the Graduate Consultant and IT Associate for large data projects).
- Typing and preparing client reports
- General administration including typing, copying, filing etc.
- Providing and supporting marketing activity which may include drafting of blogs, new articles, case studies etc. as well as attending events.
Personal specification and requirements
Professional qualification or degree qualified
Competencies and skills:
Functional / Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Technical Learning – Picks up technical things quickly; can learn new industry, company, product or technical knowledge.
Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Organisational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organisations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures; understands the cultures of organisations.
To apply to join our thriving consultancy team please email your CV to email@example.com