Gas Auditors/Engineers – Nationwide
Purpose of role
The ultimate purpose of this role is to deliver gas auditing services to our existing and new clients in accordance with client’s contractual requirements.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
You will join the technical support function of the organisation.
The core role would be site based, where you will be undertaking quality assurance inspections on behalf of our clients.
Duties and responsibilities of the role will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Undertake desktop reviews of completed documentation, ensuring compliance of documentation with GSIUR, and in particular the role of the Landlord.
- Attendance to site, examination of documentation, partial strip down of gas appliances, testing of appliances, confirmation of findings from an original service engineer, identification of faults found, classification and recording of observations.
- Identification and notification of unsafe situations, including making safe and notifications to emergency service.
- Post inspection of new gas heating installations.
- Investigation and diagnosis of faults to provide impartial second opinions of issues within tenanted properties.
- Calculation of heat losses, advice on remedial works.
- To be up to date with gas service legislation, guidance and industry best practice including gas safety within a social landlord environment.
- To be up to date with relevant legislation including Health and Safety.
- To support the business by working flexibly and responsively from the company’s office or from clients sites as required.
- To take personal responsibility for maintaining technical expertise and an awareness of current issues in the sector.
- To comply with the company’s quality management arrangements including participating in the quality assurance arrangements and audit programme.
- To act within the expectations of conduct and attitude of employees in their role as ambassadors of the company.
- To be proactive to ensure that work is delivered on time by all areas of the business.
- To take personal responsibility to meet own billing and productivity targets.
- To ensure that the culture of the company is one that is honest and open and values everyone’s opinions and contributions.
- To contribute to a culture that is positive about the company.
- To proactively engage in the training and development provided by the company.
- To contribute to a culture that enables Pennington Choices to be a learning organisation open to challenge and change.
- To carry out other such duties as may be reasonably required.
- CCN1 Domestic gas safety.
- CENWAT Boilers and water heaters.
- CEN1 Gas boilers.
- CKR1 Cooking appliances.
- CPA1 Combustion analysers.
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a domestic gas engineer, experienced in service and fault finding work.
- Work within the Social Housing sector.
- Work in a customer facing capacity.
- IT Literate with experience of using MS Word and Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner.
- You must be willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check prior to commencement of work.
- You must possess a current driving licence (max 3 points).