Fire Risk Assessor – Greater London
Purpose of the role
Help Pennington Choices achieve its growth aspirations and to work within our Property Services team, with the principle focus of carrying out risk assessments.
Responsibilities and accountabilities include:
The job-holder is accountable for delivering specific fire risk assessment projects throughout the South of the UK.
The role will work principally with our Fire Safety Manager and Operations Manager to:
- Carry out detailed fire risk assessments across a variety of building types and sectors;
- Provide reports and highlight any remedial action required;
- Identify and define solutions to fire related problems;
- Develop fire safety action plans;
- Ensure the health and safety of colleagues, customers and general public;
- Initiate and lead the delivery of internal projects;
- Personally deliver secured consultancy assignments.
Experience and skills required:
- Attended an industry recognised training course on: Fire Risk Assessment (minimum 4 days); and Fire risk assessment in residential accommodation lasting (minimum 1 day).
- In depth post qualification experience, providing services to residential property owners and managers.
- Knowledge and ability to write detailed technical reports.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Able to use a Tablet/PC and capture digital images.
- DCLG guide to sleeping accommodation;
- DCLG guide to purpose-built blocks of flats;
- The LACoRS Housing Fire Safety guide;
- Specialised Housing Guidance – NFC
- At least two years of supervised experience carrying out fire risk assessments on residential premises.
The perks of the job:
At Pennington Choices, hard work is strongly rewarded. We as a business offer both support and opportunities for our staff to progress within the career paths, through the provision of external and internal training programmes, including managerial training and working towards industry specific qualifications.
In addition, we also offer company-wide perks including; an employee discount scheme, a competitive salary, flexible working hours and a wide range of additional benefits, take a look at our full list of benefits here.