Successful candidates will be expected to provide an excellent and highly effective asbestos surveying service within our asbestos division, ensuring the delivery of accurate and timely survey reports for our clients.
The role will require a mixture of working on our clients sites and being home/office based. You will be required to undertake all types of asbestos surveys for our clients.
The mix of surveying work is diverse and will include a wide range of commercial, industrial and domestic properties.
- Conducting management, refurbishment and demolition surveys on various sites.
- To be up-to-date with asbestos legislation, guidance and industry best practice including UKAS accreditation and quality management arrangements.
- To meet all legal obligations required from Pennington Choices as a provider of asbestos related services and an employer.
- To comply with Pennington Choices quality management arrangements including, participating in the quality assurance arrangements and audit programme.
- To support the business by working flexibly and responsively from the company’s office or from clients sites as required.
- To take a proactive approach to ensure that all works are delivered on time by all areas of the business.
- To proactively engage in the training and development opportunities provided by the company.
- To contribute to a culture that is positive about the company.
Experience and skills required:
- P402 qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years’ practical experience within a UKAS accredited organisation.
- Full UK driving license.
- Experience using TEAMS software – we utilise TEAMS software on tablets to manage our asbestos field process, so prior knowledge of this will be advantageous although not essential as full training will be provided.
- IT literate with experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal an time management skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a proven track record of working to multiple deadlines under your own initiative.
- Successful applicants must be willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencement of work.
- Applicants must be clean shaven to meet with Health and Safety requirements for use of respiratory protective equipment.
The perks of the job:
At Pennington Choices, hard work is strongly rewarded. We as a business offer both support and opportunities for our staff to progress within the career paths, through the provision of external and internal training programmes, including managerial training and working towards industry specific qualifications.
In addition, we also offer company-wide perks including; an employee discount scheme, a competitive salary, flexible working hours and a wide range of additional benefits, take a look at our full list of benefits here.