We understand that ensuring your regulatory and legal compliance requirements are met is a complex and onerous task. Compliance with the Home Standard is a key focus for the Regulator of Social Housing, and governing bodies need to ensure that your organisation is on track.
Our Compliance Roadmap will help you comply with regulation and legislation, and help you avoid scrutiny, intervention and downgrades. Our Compliance Roadmap will assist your organisation where there are significant challenges to address for the ‘big six’ areas of property compliance; gas safety, electrical safety, fire safety, asbestos management, water hygiene and lifts.
Our Compliance Roadmap adopts a ‘first principles’ and ‘back to basics’ approach to address any weaknesses in the management of each compliance area. The roadmap usually includes the following stages, however, we can also tailor these to meet your specific needs:
- Validation of all property assets, inspections records and other data
- Identification and development of catch-up inspection programmes
- Compliance awareness training for the Leadership Team and Board
- Development of fit for purpose policies, procedures and process maps
- Development of a fit for purpose reporting scorecard for effective Board reporting
- Assessment and programming of internal and external training requirements
- Conclusion of the Compliance Roadmap including; a site visit, evaluation of completed stages, testing to ensure full compliance is being achieved and a final report to Board
- Ongoing validation and support, providing assurance to the Leadership Team and Board, usually in the form of a quarterly review for the first year, followed by an annual review thereafter.
Read about how we helped Weaver Vale Housing Trust with a bespoke Compliance Roadmap here.
Head of Consultancy
Head of Consultancy
- International Certification of Enterprise Risk Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Joint Honours Degree – English, Literature and History
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
- Management of Portfolios (MoP)
- PRINCE2 and DSDM Agile PM Practitioner
Sarah Davies is our Head of Consultancy and has spent nearly two decades working with organisations across the public and not-for-profit sectors. Starting her career with the Audit Commission before moving into strategic leadership roles in Police, Fire and Social Housing; Sarah has substantial experience in Strategic Procurement, Value for Money and leading complex and large-scale business and digital transformational change programmes and operational services.
As Assistant Director of Business Improvement at a housing provider, Sarah introduced and embedded a new Enterprise Risk Management Approach and advised in the EU procurement of a new repairs service, including an emergency procurement. During her time as Head of Strategic Change for Cheshire Constabulary and Cheshire Fire & Rescue, Sarah was the Lead Officer for Digital and Organisation Transformation and Efficiency Programmes; delivering three major collaborations/ mergers with other organisations, including the development and implementation of a back-office shared service for UK Policing (using Oracle ERP technology).
The following blogs may also be of interest to you.