In order for you to comply with The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, you must appoint a Competent Person to ensure that you have access to competent Health and Safety advice.
At Pennington Choices we can work with you to provide bespoke health and safety support to your in-house Competent Person. This may include:
- Assisting in the development or your health and safety policy and procedures.
- Ensuring that you have appropriate reporting and management systems in place.
- Providing training to staff and recommending refresher materials.
- Highlighting relevant changes in legislation and regulations to ensure that you can make the necessary updates to your health and safety policy and procedures.
- 24/7 health and safety support and advice via email, telephone or video conferencing facilities.
The benefits of accessing our Competent Person advice
Our Health and Safety Competent advice service will assist you in:
- Ensuring that you are complying with the necessary regulations.
- Demonstrating to employees, clients and stakeholders that you are committed to health and safety.
- Creating and embedding a health and safety focused culture throughout your organisation.
How can I get in touch to find out more?
If you would like to find out more about our Competent Advice service, you can get in touch with our experts today. This can be done either via email or by calling 0800 883 0334.
Alternatively if you would like to find out how Pennington Choices can act as your Competent Person, you can find out more here.
Professional Services Director
Professional Services Director
- International Certification of Enterprise Risk Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Joint Honours Degree – English, Literature and History
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
- Management of Portfolios (MoP)
- PRINCE2 and DSDM Agile PM Practitioner
Sarah Davies is our Professional Services Director and has spent nearly two decades working with organisations across the public and not-for-profit sectors. Starting her career with the Audit Commission before moving into strategic leadership roles in Police, Fire and Social Housing; Sarah has substantial experience in Strategic Procurement, Value for Money and leading complex and large-scale business and digital transformational change programmes and operational services.
As Assistant Director of Business Improvement at a housing provider, Sarah introduced and embedded a new Enterprise Risk Management Approach and advised in the EU procurement of a new repairs service, including an emergency procurement. During her time as Head of Strategic Change for Cheshire Constabulary and Cheshire Fire & Rescue, Sarah was the Lead Officer for Digital and Organisation Transformation and Efficiency Programmes; delivering three major collaborations/ mergers with other organisations, including the development and implementation of a back-office shared service for UK Policing (using Oracle ERP technology).
The following blogs may also be of interest to you.