Estates Managers are often in high demand, working with contractors, meeting with surgery or hospital managers and performing their day-to-day duties. For this reason, many Estates Managers choose to hire an Employer’s Agent to act on their behalf in construction projects.
All our Employer’s Agents have a construction-related qualification and a strong background within the industry. We take the lead on a project, performing a similar role to a contract administrator, but within a design and build contract. Whether involved in the procurement stage or later in the process, our Employer’s Agent experts will administer the construction standard contracts.
At Pennington Choices, our Employer’s Agent experts:
- Represent the employer accordingly and in line with their preferred methods;
- Coordinate all activities within the project;
- Supervise the execution of the works in compliance with the contract;
- Conduct all correspondence, keep accounts and/or inspect the same, including regular reports in which the progress of the works is monitored;
- Indicate the points in time at which the contractor is entitled to receive payment of the contract sum in whole or in part and to inspect and/or prepare the payment documents relating to the works; and
- Review detail drawings and documents prepared for the purpose of the execution of the works.
Our Employer’s Agents are strong communicators, acting as a vital bridge between the client, the contractors and designers. To take a look at some of our previous work, follow this link here.
If you would like a confidential discussion with one of our experts, you can call us on 0800 883 0334 or fill in our contact form here.
Matt Roberts - Strategic Director - Property & Development - Southway Housing Trust
- BSc degree
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
Doug Hill is our Principal Consultant. Doug has over 35 years’ experience in construction consultancy. He is an established team leader on project delivery and relationship building with project partners. During his career, Doug has worked as a client-side quantity surveyor/cost advisor and project manager. As a result, he has a rounded understanding of the construction and development process.
Doug has worked on numerous health sector projects from refurbishments less than £100k, through to complex new build projects at £30m. He has also completed numerous NHS business case costs and quarterly reports, cash flows, life cycle costs and risk analyses on behalf of the business units within NHS estates teams becoming an integral member assisting the development of their capital strategy. Throughout his career, Doug has worked across a broad range of health institutions, including; primary care, all departments of acute hospitals and also mental health.
Doug also sits on the Procure 22 Commercial Working Group. This group meets quarterly to develop and ensure consistency within commercial and contractual aspects of the process.