Stoke-on-Trent City Council (the council) appointed Pennington Choices to provide independent and impartial advice and to support the council to manage a detailed options appraisal of the delivery mechanisms for the future provision of the Council’s housing and public buildings repairs and maintenance services. At the time, their arrangement with Kier-Stoke was less than two years from expiry. The commission set out specific requirements that were split in to two parts as follows:
- Support the delivery of a robust options appraisal of four identified delivery mechanisms;
- Support and inform a clear and costed recommendation for how the council should deliver the repairs and maintenance services when the current arrangement ends in February 2018;
- Support and inform the development of an implementation plan for the preferred option identifying key milestones and the resources required.
- Support council officers, as required, to develop the preferred option;
- Support the reporting process through Cabinet and ready the council for implementation once the preferred option is approved by Cabinet.