Statutory property compliance
With increased focus on governance and viability, statutory property compliance is now a top priority for social housing providers.
- Are you confident that you fully comply with your statutory health and safety obligations?
- Is there evidence of a specific incident or do you have concerns about an area of statutory property compliance, for example, gas safety?
- Would an external challenge of your compliance arrangements help senior managers and the governing body to confirm adequate best practice and co-regulation?
We understand that ensuring your property legal compliance requirements are met is a complex and onerous task. Compliance with the home standard in the regulatory code is a key focus for the HCA, and governing bodies need to ensure that your organisation is on track.
Our Compliance Health Check provides a structured assessment to determine the extent of compliance risks and any gaps in compliance. We check against statutory requirements and best practice, drawing on HSE guidance, codes of practice and industry guidelines. We can tailor the service areas covered in the health check to meet your specific needs.
Our Compliance Health Check includes:
- Investigating any of the following disciplines (not limited to); Gas safety, electrical safety, fire safety, asbestos and water hygiene (the big five).
- The implications for both domestic and non-domestic / commercial properties for each area of compliance are examined where applicable.
- We can include other specialist areas such as lifts, fire alarms and precautions and play-grounds.
- Our methodology involves reviewing documents, interviewing management and key operational staff, reviewing each service area against ‘best practice’ criteria and on-site testing.
- We can offer a high-level review of the big five areas, or provide a more in depth review of one or more compliance area.
Read about how we helped South Liverpool Homes with a compliance health check.
See also our property compliance blogs:
Gareth Rigby - Head of Assets, South Liverpool Home